Yelp is considered to be a consumer-friendly site that gives reviews about consumers’ experiences with certain businesses. But did you know that, as a business owner, you can also use Yelp to promote your tree trimming business?
In this digital age, every profile and post matters. Sites like Yelp, which were not originally meant to help businesses, are now being used by those very businesses to exude a professional image from top to bottom.
Here are a few ways you can use Yelp for your business rather than others using it against your business:
- Claim your business on Yelp. Once you’ve done this, you will have control over what photos are posted, and you’ll be able to see and comment on customer reviews. To claim your business, you’ll first have to find your company (which is most likely already there). If it isn’t, you can add it easily. You’ll be asked fill out a quick form, then you’ll probably receive a phone call to verify your business.
- In addition to claiming your business, you’ll need to verify that all of the information is correct. If the wrong address or phone number is listed, you may be losing a lot of business! Add details about the services or products you provide whenever possible to make sure your business shows up on search engines. And make sure your store hours are correct. What’s the point of opening at 6 if Yelp says you don’t open until 7?
- Respond to customer reviews consistently. Don’t skip the negative ones. Show true remorse for poor customer service or unclean restrooms, and always thank the person for their feedback. Look at criticism as a chance to serve the next customer better. Just do yourself a favor and never respond to negative reviews when you are angry.
- Add flattering photos to your page. Research shows that people spend more time reading the reviews of businesses that provide pictures. This is an especially good tip if you have a unique storefront or you perform a little-known service.
- Utilize Yelp Deals to offer your customers coupons and gift certificates. Yelp gets to keep a part of the profit, and you get the rest. Yelp Deals are basically incentives for customers to walk in your door with a low risk of being disappointed in the services or products. After that, it’s your job to make them repeat customers.
These are the most common ways to promote your business on Yelp, but there are a few other things you can do. The following actions all center around showing your clientele that you don’t mind being reviewed because you are confident in your products, services and staff:
- Add a Yelp link to your business’s website.
- Add a Yelp link to your business email signature.
- Add a Yelp link to your emailed business newsletters.
- Put a Yelp sticker in your window.
- Ask customers to use the Yelp mobile app and check in when they are at your store.
Following the tips above is sure to make Yelp your business’s friend, not its enemy.